Disclaimer: "Optometry Council of India is a self-regulatory body registered under the Indian Company Act , Section 25 A (Not for Profit)"
Here comes a great opportunity to showcase your photography skills!
And Win ZEISS VR One!!
On the occasion of World Sight Day 2017, OCI with support from Zeiss India is hosting a photography contest on eye care and optometry. To participate in this exciting contest,you just need to send a picture along with a caption. The picture could range from anything related to nature to eye exam and the caption should be precise (upto 10 words) and should be regarding eye care and optometry. The entries should reach us by 1st October 2017.Please send the nominations to email@example.com
A panel of OCI and Zeiss members will select the best entries. There would be 6 prizes: one per region of India: North, South, East, West and central and one mega prize for all India entry. For the best all India entry, the copyright of the photo will be with Zeiss and OCI and may be shared with associations such as IAPB and WCO.
1. Participants are requested to submit the original photographs in .jpeg format.
2. Please find the photograph specifications below:
3. The submitted file size should not be more than 10 MB at the time of entry.
4. The photographs must be accompanied by the following details: Camera model, Lens model, Aperture and location.
5. Submissions may be watermarked if desired, but the watermark should not interfere with the judging of the photo. A watermarked photo might not be honored by the competition if the photographer is unable or unavailable to provide a pristine, watermark-free version of the image when asked.
6. Images will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, relevance to the topic and artistic merit.
7. Each participant is allowed to submit only one entry.
The photograph can be in black & white or color mode.
Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
GIFT: ZEISS VR One (The ZEISS VR ONE Plus is a one of-a-kind device allowing us to take our first steps in the world of virtual reality. Its lightweight design and 100% portability make it the perfect companion for videos, games and augmented reality.)
World Optometry Day Awareness Initiative
Optometry Council of India is raising eye care and optometry awareness through the below banners. Optometrist interested please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need for Optometry Council in India Mindful of the need to certify and regulate the competence and standards of Optometrists and of Optometry Schools and Colleges; the Indian Optometry Federation (IOF) and the Association of Schools and Colleges of India (ASCO) have together established a private, peer regulating Optometry Council of India in September 2012.
How would the public benefit from optometry council of India? The public would benefit from:
- Quality eye care
- Cost effective eye care
- Ensure delivery of quality education in optometry colleges
- Provide adequate optometry work force
- Develop skilled optometry work force