In case of any complaint from public to OCI, what action would OCI take?
In case of any complaint from customer / consumer, OCI would investigate about the complaint. If required OCI would constitute a 3 member panel to investigate further. I don’t think we need to mention anything further than this. Leave this open. Don’t commitThe result of the investigation would be:
- Supporting the Optometrist in providing clarity to the customer
- Require corrective action by the member in terms of deduction of CE points
- Require the member to do additional courses on a particular subject
- Cancellation of the registration of the member
- If the complaint is beyond the scope of OCI, then OCI would inform the complainant regarding the same